Friday, May 20, 2016

Self reflection

The T.E.D. talks were yesterday and (besides being incredibly awkward) I thought mine went pretty good. This is going to be longer than most of my blogs because for this, I'll be saying my experiences and thoughts that I had throughout the year. Since 20% time started I've seen school in a different manner. I used to think of it that only high school would really matter since to get into college, they usually don't check anything before high school. I thought that I shouldn't have to work very hard in middle school since I would have to work hard in high school. But now, I think of it more as I should try hard in every class if learning will be as fun as this. As well, I was able to explore the one thing that I can't see myself growing out of, which is story making. While I've said it before, I've always been creating fan fiction in my head for as long as I can remember. I learned a lot not just about writing a novel but as well writing in general. I learned how to foreshadow and how to make everything in the story seem interesting. I learned other writing techniques but I won't go into detail. While I may not have been doing a fundraiser or inventing something that is relatively new, or make something life changing, I did what made me happy and explored my passion. A lot of my classmates learned how to make or do one thing that would only apply to one subject, but I think I learned something that would apply to many other subjects. I learned that you can't out limits on creativity. My original goal was to write a novel in May. I eventually learned that putting a limit was only going to slow me down in the long run. Since the school year is going to be over soon I might not be blogging weekly since this was for a grade but I'll still blog if there's an important update. I can honestly say that I don't think I'll have teachers batter than the ones I had this year. I would like to thank my teachers Don Eckert and Melissa Hellwig for making me pursue this dream. If I never met them, then I might've never done this and might've never got into writing like I am now. They made start my dreams and because of them, I could be a full time writer when I get out of school. I still don't have an artist but I hope I'll have one soon. I know that my teachers will wish me the best of luck in my future of writing. Whatever they do, I wish them the best of luck in their future of teaching and hope that 20% time will eventually be in all of Webster Groves.

No comments:

Post a Comment